Marine Discovery Centres Australia (MDCA) is a group that focuses on the discussion of key issues relating to marine and coastal environment conservation. The MDCA is a collaborative group formed out of the nation’s Marine Discovery Centres.
Australia’s Marine Discovery Centres use hands-on education to inspire visitors, and to help them discover and learn about Australia’s extensive marine environments. Each centre is unique in origin: some are part of schools, while others are community– or government-funded.
Established in 2005, MDCA now comprises:
- Woodbridge Marine Discovery Centre in Tasmania
- Queenscliff Marine and Freshwater Discovery Centre in Victoria
- Henley Beach Marine Discovery Centre in South Australia
- Dolphin Discovery Centre in Bunbury, Western Australia
- Naturaliste Marine Discovery Centre in Western Australia
- Bondi Beach Marine Discovery in New South Wales
- Ballina Marine Discovery Centre in New South Wales
- Hastings Point Marine Environments Field Study and Resource Centre in New South Wales
- Sapphire Coast Marine Discovery Centre in Eden, New South Wales
- Thursday Island Marine Discovery Centre in Queensland
- Central Coast Marine Discovery Centre in New South Wales
- Port Macquarie Marine Discovery Centre in New South Wales
- Indo Pacific Marine– NT’s Living Marine Educational Discovery Centre